Information for U profile glass
U profile glass is also known as trough glass. It is a glass with a U-shaped cross-section. It has the characteristics of good lighting, heat insulation, sound insulation, noise prevention, high mechanical strength, anti-aging, and light resistance. Its most significant feature is that it can bear its weight without additional horizontal support.
Application: View wall, glass curtain wall, etc
Specification: can be customized
U profile glass can be installed in single or double layers, and we can adopt the following eight conventional combinations according to shape and function.
- Fix the aluminum frame material to the building with stainless steel bolts or rivets. Carefully scrub the inner surface of the U-shaped glass clean, and then insert it into the frame.
- Cut the cushioning plastic parts into corresponding lengths and put them into a fixed frame.
- When the U profile glass is installed to the last piece, and we cannot fill the width of the opening into the whole amount of glass, we can cut the U profile glass along the length to meet the remaining width. Still, it is better to calculate the modulus beforehand to avoid Cropped.
- When installing the last three pieces of U profile glass, we should insert the two pieces of glass into the frame first, and then we should install the 3rd piece of glass to closure.
- Adjust the temperature expansion gap between U profile glass, especially in areas with sizeable annual temperature differences.
- When the height of U profile glass is not more than 5m, the allowable deviation of frame verticality is 5mm;
- When the horizontal width of U profile glass is greater than 2m, the allowable deviation of the horizontality of the transverse member is 3mm. While when the height of U profile glass is not greater than 6m, the allowable deviation of the span deflection of the member is less than 8mm.
- The load borne by the frame should be directly transmitted to the building. Therefore, the U profile glass wall is non-load-bearing and cannot be stressed.
- When installing the glass, wipe the inner surface clean, and wipe off the dirt on the outer surface after installation.